General Overview of DCIM as a Service
The pandemic has Increased the need to work from home and minimize onsite staff. Social distancing and restrictions on how many staff members can be onsite are now commonplace. With Data Centre access being extremely limited, management of the Data Centre must be done effectively and remotely.
Colocation and edge deployments are on the rise, driving more assets and sites to remote locations. Data Centre managers need to manage the assets, connections, power, and environment across many locations without the ability to go onsite.
Remote planning and initiation of clear work orders (System Feature) and instructions is more important than ever. Data Centre management must ensure work activity is done accurately the first time, reducing the need for additional trips to the Data Centre and mitigating the number one cause of downtime: human error.
To improve productivity and efficiency, Data Centre teams working remotely must break down organizational domains and share a single source of truth via common views of dashboards and reports that are updated and visible in real-time.
With a subscription to Tri-Paragon’s DCIM as a Service the management of your Data Centres provides you with a single pane of glass into all Data Centre Operations, Assets and Capacity. It provides a detailed and complete view of every one of your Data Centres, edge, and co-location included and provides you with:
- Accurate tracking of all Data Centre assets across all Data Centres
- 3D views that display everything from a bird's-eye view of your Data Centres’ floors
- Quickly see floor and rack space, power, network connectivity, and cooling available capacity
- Manage power and network connectivity with visual trace routes, cable measurements, and port availability and connectivity
- Boost energy efficiency, reduce costs, and drive energy-saving initiatives
- Manage, validate, and report on change requests and work orders
- Reduce downtime and find and eliminate stranded capacity
- Parts inventory management to ensure adequate supply
- The capability to secure cabinets with electronic door locks, auditing, surveillance, and role-based permissions and Intelligent monitoring to maintain and track the health of your Data Centres
- Monitoring Real-Time Operational status 24 x 7
Tri-Paragon’s DCIM as a Service - Key Functions Performed
- Installation and Setup - Includes population and maintenance of database, nightly data backup and implementation of new software releases.
- Data Centre Asset Management – We accurately track all assets across all your Data Centres.
- Data Centre Capacity Management - Quickly see floor space, rack space, power, network connectivity, and cooling capacity with CFD Modelling as required.
- Data Centre Connectivity Management - Manage power and network connectivity with visual trace routes, cable measurements, and port connectivity.
- Data Centre Power Management - Reduce downtime and find stranded capacity with complete power monitoring.
- Data Centre Energy Management -Boost energy efficiency, reduce costs, and drive energy-saving initiatives.
- Data Centre Environment Management - Intelligent monitoring to maintain the health of your data centre.
- Data Centre Security Management - Secure cabinets with electronic door locks, auditing, surveillance, and role-based permissions.
- Data Centre Visualization - “X-ray” views enable you to see inside your cabinets. Easily visualize the impossible: side views of all your racks without the side panels. Flip from the front to the back of your row with superhuman speed. Enhance your vision with detailed model, depth, alignment, and mounting information as well as sensor data for your devices.
- Data Centre Operations - Equipment deployment, structured cabling, relocation, cloud migrations, equipment refresh, planning and recommendations with associated ROI.
- Data Centre Real-Time Monitoring - The process of using manual and automated tools and techniques to ensure the best operating health of a Data Centre. It ensures that the key functions and services of a Data Centre are delivered without any interruptions or abnormalities.
Tri-Paragon’s DCIM as a Service – Advanced Functions Available
- Auto Discovery
- Fully supports all direct current -48 Volt power chain objects and calculations
- Performs battery runtime calculations based on detailed battery specifications and the present plant load and can further simulate future expected load and model the effect on battery runtime
- Workflow and Change Management built-in
- ServiceNow Integration with Certified App
- BMC Integration
- vmWare Integration
- Free Ticketing and CMDB Integration API’s
- Free Plugins for third party PDUs, UPS, RPP, etc.
- Rack PDU Configuration and Firmware Updates
- Webcam Support
- Electronic Door Lock Support
- Role Based Access Control
- dcTrack Mobile app
- Environmental monitoring: Temperature; Humidity; Airflow; Pressure; Vibration; Water; Contact closure; Cabinet door locks; Cameras
- Capability to have real time sensors "metering" components in the Data Centre to ensure its operational status
Start with the basics and expand as needed. DCIM as a Service is a process to manage all physical assets and resources in each customer’s Data Centre through a single pain of glass to obtain visual data with dashboards for the entire infrastructure in real-time and provide access to the Data Centres virtually for monitoring and managing remotely.